By David K. Hildebrand, James D. Laing, Howard Rosenthal
Ordinal facts may be rank ordered yet no longer assumed to have equivalent distances among different types. utilizing aid by means of judges for civil rights measures and bussing because the basic instance, this paper exhibits how such information can most sensible be analyzed.
Read or Download Analysis of ordinal data PDF
Similar business ethics books
Study on specialist accountability and Ethics in Accounting" is dedicated to publishing top of the range examine and instances that target the pro obligations of accountants and the way they care for the moral concerns they face. The sequence gains articles on a vast variety of vital and well timed subject matters, together with professionalism, social accountability, moral judgment, and responsibility.
This instruction manual enumerates each element of incorporating ethical and societal values into know-how layout, displays the truth that the latter has moved on from strict performance to turn into delicate to ethical and social values corresponding to sustainability and responsibility. geared toward a extensive readership that incorporates ethicists, coverage makers and architects themselves, it proffers an in depth survey of the way technological, and institutional, layout needs to now replicate expertise of moral components comparable to sustainability, human health and wellbeing, privateness, democracy and justice, inclusivity, belief, responsibility, and accountability (both social and environmental).
The answer to the uninhibited lending that was once usual earlier than the monetary main issue has been to introduce tighter legislation to make sure robustness inside banks. despite the fact that, this answer has missed the underlying challenge of moral failure within the undefined. within the wake of diverse financial institution collapses, many survivors proceed in unprincipled behavior simply because moral virtues haven't been instilled.
It truly is extra very important than ever company needs to be either moral and ecocnomic. during this completely revised and up to date moment variation, Norman E. Bowie indicates that by way of utilising Kant's 3 formulations of the explicit principal, and via doing definitely the right factor for the correct cause, a company can be successful in either one of those fields.
- Business Ethics: A Stakeholder and Issues Management Approach
- Good Profit: How Creating Value for Others Built One of the World's Most Successful Companies
- Environmental Management in Organizations: The IEMA Handbook
- Finance Ethics: Critical Issues in Theory and Practice (Robert W. Kolb Series, Volume 11)
- Design Management Case Studies
Additional resources for Analysis of ordinal data
Any Ñ can be expressed as a weighted average of components. This can often be used to advantage when one has ordinal information about the error weights. In addition to the ''sensitivity analysis'' procedure of establishing bounds on the value of Ñ, as in the previous example, one can carry out a more fine-grained analysis by studying how the value of Ñ changes with changes in the numeri- Page 35 cal values of the error weights. 2). The general development of Ñ as a weighted average is found in Hildebrand, Laing, and Rosenthal (1977: ch.
464. 200. Cohen's Kappa: Another Application When both variables have the same number of categories (R = C), a prominent prediction is, for all i = 1, . . , R, k: xi yi. That is, predict the data Page 29 tend to fall on the main diagonal. For this prediction, we leave it to the reader as an exercise to show that the Ñ measure for unweighted errors simplifies to where kappa is a measure defined by Cohen (1960, 1968). Like the quadrant measure, this prediction (k) can be seen as an attempt to capture part of the "Y increases with X" statement.
These particular numbers are convenient, since "3" means "finished in third place," and so on. 79]. In any order-preserving scale, lower number still mean a higher rank. The [1, 2, 3, . ] ranking is easier to read, and it is convenient to imply by ''number one" that the team finished first, by "number two'' that it finished second, and so on. However, the particular set of ordered numerical names to be used is arbitrary. Any order-preserving relabelling of these names conveys the same ordinal information.